tiling over underfloor heating mat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How much more difficult does it make to tile over an underfloor heating mat?

Sponsored Links
not much difference at all mate, i normally use a plastic float effect tool for applying the adhesive, you just got to be careful you dont cut through the elements of your mate

Sponsored Links
How much more difficult does it make to tile over an underfloor heating mat?

lay your mat,check it with a multimeter.
then use a 2part slc over it,use a plastic trowel to smooth over(as jc said dont nik the elememts).
check again with m/meter.
addy then tiles.
if you use a 2part slc,and in the future you need to lift a tile,then you wont damage the ufh.
there are waterbased slc out there,but i havent used them onto ufh.i always use a latex based one..stuck in my ways i guess.. ;)

then use a 2part slc over it,use a plastic trowel to smooth over (as jc said dont nik the elememts).
check again with m/meter.
addy then tiles.
if you use a 2part slc,and in the future you need to lift a tile,then you wont damage the ufh.
That’s spot on & ya both beat me to it ;)

jctilingservices";p="1605808 said:
stuck in my ways i guess.. ;)

cos ya getting old davie mate ;)

aye.. but you still have a "good few" years oon me ..auld yin :LOL:

hows the fishing bud.

am away to Cardiff on sunday mate, got a qualifying match for the trout masters at cefn-mably lakes, gonna have some fun for a change

you enjoy your time down there jimmy ;)
hope you catch 'something' lol..(a cold maybe)... :LOL:

well am have tae clean the bloody van oot..ahhh,then paperwork all weekend..jeez wish the wife was talking tae me(she is my bookkeeper)... :rolleyes: :mad:
enjoy mate..ya lucky auld git...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back