Tiling prep/patio threshold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted a short while ago about patio threshold damp which was tracking through some screed which had been laid to cover sunk gas pipe and level up for new tiling over old.

I've now chipped up the screed which had been covering the bricks at the reveal area as the moisture seemed confined to this bit. I've also dug out external ground around perimeter of kitchen outside as although 2 bricks below IFL this was right on level with a layer of subfloor bitumen DPC.

Gas plumber needs to rectify the gas pipe and ensure its below the required 50mm but I'd welcome advice on what to do next in preparation for tiling and to ensure moisture doesn't creep in at threshold again.

I'd rather not chip up existing tiles or replace the whole concrete floor. If I leave existing tiles in place and tile over I'd need to level up about 5mm across the patio wall. I'd also rather not screed that patio reveal area until I've isolated the external problem.

So was thinking of placing upvc threshold piece to sit on the brick then level up from there right across that wall, over gas pipe (once safe) and up to old tiles

Could this work, whats best to level up that small area and over pipe without risk of cracking?

Attachments

• 20181031_125749.jpg
    20181031_125749.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 128
  • 20181031_125802.jpg
    20181031_125802.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 108
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back