Tiling Sloping Kitchen floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have been building an extension on the house for some time. Recently I knocked the existing kitchen through into the new extension and had the floor screeded. The existing kitchen floor is already concreted but slopes about 1 inch or so from left to right. When I got the new kitchen floor screeded I chose to match the slope to avoid a problem where the floors joined. I don't have a problem with the slope as it is not noticeable but is there anything I need to do when it comes to tiling it ? Do i just follow the existing slope?

Someone suggested I shoud start the tiling at the join between the new and old floors in case the heights are slightly different - is there a method that people use to decide where to start in these circumstances?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I don't think you've any other choice than to follow the existing slope, have you? You can't really try to 'twist' it level after a few rows.
And, starting at the end of the existing tiles seems the perfect place.
You answered your own question, really, so I'm just confirming the answer. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back