Tiling the kitchen floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have currently tiled the bathroom floor laying down ply wood and screwing it down then layed the tiles and grouted(flexi grout and adhisive) everything is fine however now am thinking of tiling the kitchen floor which is wood T&G. I am concerned about tiling under the washing machine when the washing machine operates at hight spin wont this not affect the movement on the tiles i guess with a period of time the tiles will start to move. Is their a solution for this problem the floor is stable no movement what so ever however i dont want to be wasting my time tiling the floor and washing machine movement disturbing the tiles 6 months time.

Is their a solution to this problem or am i over reacting

Regards geoff

Sponsored Links
Same as before. You can over lay with ply and use a 2 part flexible adhesive to fix your tiles. Dont worry about the washing machine. They use 2 part flexi in tube stations where there is a bit more vibration.

Ty

You could get some large rubber pads to put under the washing machine to minimise the vibrations.

Sponsored Links
If you do as tilerb advises you will not get any problems. Your washing machine manufacturer will advise that the machine should sit on a firm base, i.e. tiled floor, floorboards etc not rubber matting!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back