Tiling with marble can I use 2 different size tiles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I'm wanting to put chocolate marble in my new bathroom. Seen some I like in B&Q.

I like the large 305 x 612 tiles in a brick effect. It occurs to me that there will be many requirements for a 1/2 tile to create the brick effect - 305 x 305 are available in the same material - should I get these as well for where they would fit more conviniently to save cutting?

The only thing is, that the large tiles are 12 mm thick and the smaller ones 10 mm thick - would this cause a problem or would you just have more tile adhesive behind the thinner tiles?

Walls are amazingly perfectly sized at 4 tile lengths one way and 3 tile lengths the other... :LOL:

Thanks, any advice appreciated...

Sponsored Links
Do you mean lengths or widths the 'other' way ? If it is four wide and three tile widths the other way(12 tiles) by starting with a row of four you will only need to do a single tile cut in half which will do each end of the second row and finish with a row of four. If you do mean lengths (24 tiles) then it is still only 3 tiles cut in half. Easier than messing about with differing beds of adhesive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back