Timber cladding a barn/large outbuilding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Hi,

I would like to clad this put some nice weather boarding on this building. The walls at the moment ar block and then corrugated sheets on an a timber structure. On the side with the door and the large window I would like to remove all the corrugated sheeting and have a large lovely oak frame double door and on the long side would probabl;y just weatherboard it. Question! :) Given that this is just a large shed and I want to make it look pretty is there any reason why just putting weatherboading on to the timbers that already support the corrugated sheets is a bad idea? Or should weatherboarding be put on to battens on a ply background with a membrane?

cheers

timmers

Sponsored Links
Depends what the timber condition is and if they are in a suitable position to support cladding, otherwise batten, a batten would also allow air around what must be damp timbers?, a sheet of polythene is a cheap and easy way to help weather proof so seems silly to omit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back