timber frame for boiler - need help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm building a timber frame for my boiler
I will be fixing a cut to size piece of end panel to the LEFT hand side of the timber as seen face on from the boiler. p.s. the end panel will protrude slightly higher than the timber frame so it covers the height of boiler, i'll just secure it to the timber where suitable.

IMG_20220413_093631.jpg
IMG_20220413_093637.jpg

i will then create a hinge off this end panel for the door front

My issue is connecting the end panel to the left hans side of the timber frame that i've put on the wall. As the boiler is in the way, i cant access it from the inside. the reason i can't bring the timber frame out more is because i also have a cupboard on the right angle to the boiler that will hit when opening the door

So my question is, how can i fix an end panel to this timber frame without screwing from the outside (screws will be visible), bare in mind the boiler door front will also be hanging off this end panel with standard hinges

Is my only option to screw from outside with screws visible?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
All I will say is respect the MI`s and boxing in along with leaving full access for the guy/gal servicing/repairing it.

im only boxing in the side panel and front door so the right hand side and top will be open/free (but not visible)

Sponsored Links
Take a look at KEKU clips:

Keku Clips.jpg

Four of those attached to the frame should allow you to snap the cabinet end on and off without screwing. Commonly used in shop fitting

No frame required, just make up oversized kitchen cupboard , hinge front for general access and fit back to wall with keku clips as suggested by J&K to allow complete removal should boiler need maintenance or changed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back