Building frame around boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last job of kitchen installation....

IMG_20211016_104106.jpg

I have a large side panel that I need to cut down to use as a side panel and also door front for my boiler.. I only need 1 side panel as the other side won't be visible with it being a corner.

Do I put a vertical piece of timber on the wall to left of boiler then build a frame off that so there will be a vertical attachment at the front for the door to fix on to?

Any specific timber to use? 2x2, 3x2, 4x2?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I would probably fix a bit of 2x2 to the left, and find a button type lift off fixing, or even use a mirror plate modified to work that way. Maybe worth fitting a bit of sheet material on the other side to act as a support for the door? Even just a 2x1 square frame?

If you are ok at basic metalwork, a piece of 2x2 angled Ali could have a pair of keyhole slots made.

To make disassembly easier maybe take the door off before taking the sides off?
Don’t know if a lift off hinge might work?

Sponsored Links
Are you building off counter? Then you just make L shaped unit and sit on counter hiding everything .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back