Lifting Timber frame panels into place.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently build a toilet/shower timber frame building on my campsite. I'm building the timber frame panel in a barn, 4x2 studs, 9mm osb. The largest panel is 6m by 2.4, and i estimate that the total weight is 175kg.

I'm thinking of inserting eye bolts in the roof plate and using a loader to lift the panel.

Do you think the frame will take the stress on the lift? Or, is there a better way of doing it?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
why not build to a manageable size 2 or 3m ??

20ft will need a lot off support in 3 places i would suggest
can you not muster 12 or 16 hefty lads screw a 2x2 batton along both sides as a temporary handle

If you want to try it, strapping underneath might be a better bet and set in in place bar a few spacers. Whilst 175kg is pretty heavy it's not too heavy to manhandle into place with rollers etc and 4/5 strong chaps

Sponsored Links
These panels should be built as the size of a board - ie 1.2 x 2.4m, and then they are easy to manoeuvre and you then fix them together in their final position

To make your 6m panel then you must have just fixed small sections together, so you need to thinking about dismantling it and then moving the smaller sections and refixing

If you have made the mistake of making some ad-hoc random large panel that can't be dismantled into smaller units, then you need to watch that it does not flex when moved - so will need additional bracing for the move

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back