Timber Frame insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am in the middle of trying to plan an extension project which will be timber frame. It will 145mm c16 timber being used. My question is, do i have to use solid board insulation ie kingspan between my studs or can i use the rockwool type of insulation. It will be a suspended floor aswell, so can i mix it up, have wool underfloor held with netting for the floor and solid in walls and roof etc.

Trying to keep costs down.I know the wool type works in cheaper but i am aware i may have to use more. Just trying to figure out what is going to be more cost effective.

Also if i end up using the rigid boards, How do i go about running cable. I will 145mm timber with possibly 140mm insulation. Is the cable ok touching the insulation behind the plasterboard.

Any advice would be greatful

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Insulation type will depend on what u-value you are trying to achieve.

Cable in conduit or cut a channel in rigid board surface and fix cable sheathing the wrong way around to line the channel then lay the cable in that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back