timberframe exterior wall membrane

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a timber-frame property, (ground floor external is brick, first floor uPVC cladding) and I want to upgrade the insulation behind the plasterboard on the external (and party) walls. I've read about membranes in insulation literature and I can see what appears to be plastic sheet poking out at the bottom of some of the walls. Is the membrane special or is it just plastic? what's it called? where do I get it? and has anyone got any links to useful info or advice?
many thanks.
Aid.

Sponsored Links
here

essential for the warm (room) side of the insulation. It prevents water vapour (from cooking/drying clothes/washing/breathing/sweating etc) from passing through the insulation, which then condenses on the cold side of the insulation causing damp/mold. Not necessary if you are using kingspan (foiled) insulation boards or use foil backed plasterboard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back