Time between sizing and papering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick one if anyone can help. Is there a time period after which size becomes ineffective. I sized my hall,stairs and landing last May but then broke my arm in 3 places and am only now ready to start lining the walls. Do I need to re-size or will I be ok. Wondered if it dried out etc. Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Just a quick one if anyone can help. Is there a time period after which size becomes ineffective. I sized my hall,stairs and landing last May but then broke my arm in 3 places and am only now ready to start lining the walls. Do I need to re-size or will I be ok. Wondered if it dried out etc. Any advice appreciated.

A quick test is to lick your finger and rub the wall. You should be able to feel the paste on the surface. If not just give it another coat. It doesn't take long so maybe best to air on the side of cation and do this!

Hi steve,

I would give it another coat of size as suggested.

'Preparation is key in decorating' and it won't do any harm ;)

Good luck!

Thanks for your replies Guys. Thought re-sizing may be the best option so will get cracking.Cheers again.

Sponsored Links

Steve,

When you say that you have sized the walls, I take it you mean with a thinned paste solution. If so another coat wont hurt, if however you applied a glue size there would be no need to apply another coat.

Dec

@ Steve : I hope you didn't break your arm decorating ! :eek:

Good luck when you carry on. Insurance...?!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back