Time for an awakening.

• Thread starter Deleted member 292770
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Deepfakes are becoming prevalent across the Net: Euronews has a segment called 'The Cube' where they regularly highlight Russian attempts, for example, to spread messages, purportedly from Zelensky, calling on Ukrainian forces to surrender.

It may even get worse, as a software engineer at Google has been suspended for claiming a chatbot he's been working on since last autumn is sentient, expressing thoughts and feelings of a human child. Skynet is becoming sci-fact!

Deepfakes are becoming prevalent across the Net: Euronews has a segment called 'The Cube' where they regularly highlight Russian attempts, for example, to spread messages, purportedly from Zelensky, calling on Ukrainian forces to surrender.

It may even get worse, as a software engineer at Google has been suspended for claiming a chatbot he's been working on since last autumn is sentient, expressing thoughts and feelings of a human child. Skynet is becoming sci-fact!
I don't profess to be anywhere near an expert on AI and related subjects, however surely the very concept needs to be prefaced with a dose of 'be careful what you wish for', no? My point is this. Surely as AI / machine learning matures, there is a very real risk that at some point the machines will have more control than we desire? It's all very well saying 'there's always the off switch' however off switches might not be sufficient once the machines know how to circumvent?

I'm not anti AI, far from it. As someone who lives alone, I'd be quite happy to converse with a machine assuming the conversation felt natural. After all, if I got bored I could always switch it off ... or could I?!?

:)

apparently multifinish now contains tiny microphones so the deep state can listen in
..and transmitted by 'corner bead' antennae.

I'd always wondered why (thin set) corner beads had that elaborate stamped pattern. I thought it was to help with adhesion whilst saving on metal - how wrong eh... :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back