Time for politics to "get with it"?

S

Sombrero

I've never voted in an election, but I love our democracy. What I don't like is the people you end up voting for. They're plastic, nay-sayers, in it just to make a name for themselves. Our interests and citizens is the FURTHEST thing from their minds. So I think it's time for a huge shake up... like a referendum party????

Why I'm piqued... a story in the paper at the weekend saying only 1 in 6 think mass immigration is good for Britain... no sh*t Sherlock... we were all saying that years ago.

Another story, Cameron is going to "clamp down" on Britains who pirate films and music off the net, sending out a warning letter!!! I don't pirate films, but FFS, why not let your average Joe "take a little back"? After all, they're only preventing some extremely rich stars and companies from making even more money - Elton John or Paramount movies won't be on the breadline because of these "pirates" !!!

So they ignore our concerns over immigration, clamp down in the extreme on the odd film or a few songs, and yet we, sorry you, still vote for them !!!

Time for a change ?

Sponsored Links
I've never voted in an election, but I love our democracy. What I don't like is the people you end up voting for. They're plastic, nay-sayers, in it just to make a name for themselves. Our interests and citizens is the FURTHEST thing from their minds. So I think it's time for a huge shake up... like a referendum party????

There already is one: UKIP. I intend to vote for them next time, despite the naysayers telling me it will be a 'wasted vote'. I really don't care, and if we all thought that way the self-centred politicians (virtually all of them) would get one hell of a shock. After all, the only reason they're still there is our indolence.

Why I'm piqued... a story in the paper at the weekend saying only 1 in 6 think mass immigration is good for Britain... no sh*t Sherlock... we were all saying that years ago.

Another story, Cameron is going to "clamp down" on Britains who pirate films and music off the net, sending out a warning letter!!! I don't pirate films, but FFS, why not let your average Joe "take a little back"? After all, they're only preventing some extremely rich stars and companies from making even more money - Elton John or Paramount movies won't be on the breadline because of these "pirates" !!!

So they ignore our concerns over immigration, clamp down in the extreme on the odd film or a few songs, and yet we, sorry you, still vote for them !!!

Time for a change ?

It's true. They seem to concern themselves only with trivial matters and ignore what most of the electorate regard as important

As for the example of pirate films, etc., this is not something I concern myself about. I regularly record TV programmes and films on TV, edit out the adverts, and copy them to DVD or BD. Do I care that I'm breaking some unimportant law? I don't buy obviously pirated DVDs, though, but only because they're probably of crap quality.

And these "pirates" just mean that Beyonce doesn't get a cheque for $124k this month, it's only $107k.... it's not like someone's broken onto her flat, nicked her telly, stole her gran's bracelet and then shat in her bed is it?

Vote UKIP? The One-man-party and one-trick-pony. It ain't gonna happen fella. More of the same Lab/Con pro Europe pro immigration.

Sponsored Links
Vote UKIP? The One-man-party and one-trick-pony. It ain't gonna happen fella. More of the same Lab/Con pro Europe pro immigration.

Maybe, maybe not. I don't care, I'm still voting for UKIP. I cannot on principle vote for any of the three main parties any more and I don't intend to not vote.

but I love our democracy.
I didn't think we had one.
We always end up with one minority or another.

What I don't like is the people you end up voting for.
That's because, with very few exceptions, none of them would have been selected to stand in the first place had they not been seen to toe-the-line and do what they are told.

On the radio today, there was an ad saying that the tax office is having another 'clamp down' on people who do not declare all of their income -

INVESTIGATE OUR MPS THEN!

only 1 in 6 think mass immigration is good for Britain...

The 1 in 6 that like mass immigration, are the immigrants themselves.

That's the way it is these days. Go for the soft targets with something to lose, and turn a blind eye to the more difficult cases. An easy life, and get some money in from fining the soft touches.

The politicians don't want to make waves that might affect their electoral chances. Worry about gay marriage, whilst everything else goes to pot is a prime example. The politicians get paid whatever the results of their term(s) in office. They know their tenure is short and soon, someone else will replace them.

Maybe if you and a lot more got off your apathetic a r s e s and actually voted for UKIP or any other party you fancy instead of not voting or voting for one of the two main ones then we might just see some change in this country! Both main parties need a kick up the backside and the likes of you sitting there spouting off that it isn't going to happen are the ones that are NOT MAKING IT HAPPEN!
Stop the armchair spouting and at the next election get down the polling booth and actually vote! Like the lottery slogan, You can't win it if you ain't in it!

Vote UKIP? The One-man-party and one-trick-pony. It ain't gonna happen fella.

Of course it isn't if everyone thinks like you. We live in a democracy and so we get what we deserve.

fellas, it really is NOT how I vote that makes any difference... my vote is 1 in about 50 million.... although the mantra about standing up to be counted is the core value of democracy.

It's the media and how news is reported that determines opinion....
We all know party political broadcasts are a load of ******, but we believe the newspaper we read.....

And that winds me up knowing an editor is controlling political will.

fellas, it really is NOT how I vote that makes any difference... .

Which just confirms my assertion that if you take that attitude then nothing will ever change.

Which confirms my assertion that you won't read a whole post in context..!!

E.g. I din't vote for SUBO, but she still won !!

My point is... a bad newspaper can win an election...

A governement can change voting boundaries to suit electoral turnout...

Alex Slamond can invite 16/17 yr olds to vote in the Scottish independance vote - why? - because the youth are more likely to think (unwittingly) that breaking free is a brave, rather than sensible decision?

But if everyone got off their backsides and voted for the lesser parties the media would have no option but to report it and moving the boundaries wouldn't change the final result either.
Your view appears to be that whatever anyone does it will be rigged so one of the two main parties gets in every time!
But the plain fact is that unless people make their feelings known then nothing will change.

Too true. If we all sat back and waited for the two main parties to get their act together, then we would all be long gone. It's time for a radical change for the better. We need Politicians with ba**s. UKIP may not be the best party in the world, but they offer a different slant on things. It's time for a complete change and a new challenge. Let's stand up to the to** pots in Europe and say enough is enough. Otherwise, who knows where this country will end up?

Sponsored Links
Back