Time for politics to "get with it"?

You are assuming the two (it would seem three with the present set up) main parties do not have their acts together.

They are quite content with the status quo and, indeed, do not want it to change.
Those in charge are quite happy with this pseudo-democracy.

Have you ever noticed how 'democracy' is held to be the desired system to be imposed throughout the world yet these same proponents of the system give it no credence whatsoever should a result not be what was envisaged and 'required'?

Sponsored Links
You had your chance a few years ago with the vote on Proportional Representation, but of course you blew it. I bet some in this thread whining voted against it. You'll never have a minority party win now - it's just not possible. Who will admit to being stupid and voting against it? No-one. You are too fooking ashamed to. :rolleyes:

You had your chance a few years ago with the vote on Proportional Representation, but of course you blew it. I bet some in this thread whining voted against it. You'll never have a minority party win now - it's just not possible. Who will admit to being stupid and voting against it? No-one. You are too fooking ashamed to. :rolleyes:
So says the forums lover of hatred and all things rational. Joe, the wonderful wind-up merchant that is as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike. If everyone decided not to vote for a minority party, but changed their minds because they thought that they might make a difference, then it would make a difference. We need a change, for the better.

Keep it on topic Joe. The point is that while people sit there saying things won't change then they won't. To get a reaction you have to take action and that means walking to the polls and using your vote, being it supportive or strategically.
As the saying goes, if you have a big enough drum you don't have to be in the orchestra to be heard.

Sponsored Links
I remember when I was on here a couple of centuries ago, that Joe said that if you called names to a poster that you have lost the argument.
How true that he was - the tw*t :D

PR was the only hope and YOU blew it. FFS - stop whining now - it's TOO LATE.

What parliament really needs,,, is an end to the "Party "Whip" system. MP's should have a free vote on every issue they vote on. Instead of toeing the party line, they should be free to vote how they think their constituents would want them to vote. (this of course means they'd have to spend much more time in their constituencies, listening to the electorate) ;) ;)

We all know party political broadcasts are a load of ****...

Well, some of us do. I regard them as just another TV advert: to be ignored.

My opinion is not to believe what politicians say - they lie through their teeth, after all - but what they do. Take no notice of what they promise they will do; they won't. Think more about what they have done in the past.

UKIP has never been given the chance to show what they can do, yet some people criticise them as being a 'one trick pony'. Why? How do you know?

I've never voted in an election, but I love our democracy. What I don't like is the people you end up voting for. They're plastic, nay-sayers, in it just to make a name for themselves. Our interests and citizens is the FURTHEST thing from their minds. So I think it's time for a huge shake up... like a referendum party????

Why I'm piqued... a story in the paper at the weekend saying only 1 in 6 think mass immigration is good for Britain... no sh*t Sherlock... we were all saying that years ago.

Another story, Cameron is going to "clamp down" on Britains who pirate films and music off the net, sending out a warning letter!!! I don't pirate films, but FFS, why not let your average Joe "take a little back"? After all, they're only preventing some extremely rich stars and companies from making even more money - Elton John or Paramount movies won't be on the breadline because of these "pirates" !!!

So they ignore our concerns over immigration, clamp down in the extreme on the odd film or a few songs, and yet we, sorry you, still vote for them !!!

Time for a change ?

People should learn how to vote. Many politicians are just tell us sweet words. You should know how to track their record to know who should you voted when the election comes.

UKIP has never been given the chance to show what they can do, yet some people criticise them as being a 'one trick pony'. Why? How do you know?

Name 12 members of UKIP and what their policies are on Defence, education, NHS reform etc.

One man band and a one trick pony. That's UKIP that is. :rolleyes:

this government blames the previous who b lames the previous and on it goes full circle . its time for a complete change of government. in the next election, vote for a party that ca`nt be held responsible for any of the problems we have now. iused to be undecide on which party to vote for lLABOUR or CONs. and usually ended up LAB..due to my background. this time its UKIP. who ca`nt be held responsible for any thing as a polical party they have never been given the chance. can they do any worse. lets face it the current government are`nt runing this country the so called EU is until we we get back our right to rule. when member states albania macedonia some ive neverb thought existed until youve heard a report iin the mediaof a descision has been made in the EU and itnaffects us its time to change. UKIPor any other party who can honestly say they are not responsible for any of the crap we are in now should be given a chance

Name 12 members of UKIP and what their policies are on Defence, education, NHS reform etc.

I don't know, because I haven't bothered to look. As I said, I don't take much notice of what politicians say they will do; I wait to see what they actually do.

I'm sure that nearer to the time of the next general election they will, like the other parties, publish their manifesto. Even then, I shall take it with a pinch of salt although my suspicion is that they, like me, are pretty fed up with what is going on with this country and want to change things back to how they once were.

As for what UKIP actually do, well of course they haven't had a chance to do anything in the UK parliament yet, but I have heard what Nigel Farage has said in the EU parliament and am willing to bet that, given the chance, he would do the same here.

PR was the only hope and YOU blew it. FFS - stop whining now - it's TOO LATE.
Ahh PR, ,,, Is that the system whereby the candidate with the least votes wins? Ahh Joe, this could be the only way you ever get elected to the committee at yer local club. :LOL: :LOL:

No you dope it's where votes are aggregated.

For what it's worth, and I'm directing this at Conny and Gasman, my vote on its own is worthless.. democracy is currently our best solution, but it is very much flawed because democracy doesn't measure the morality of either side, or differentiate between the values etc. it's purely down to majority, so a majority of vegetarians could mean Britain bans meat - which sounds daft... until you bring religion into the mix - but that's for a different thread!

My point is, for every one of your votes in general election, there is an equal vote by some nutter, or someone who was too pished, and ticked the wrong box, or meant to vote to opposite to you, but was sick all over their ballot paper.

I feel a bit of an observer really because I don't subscribe to any party...I don't fully understand (or care) what left or right wing stands for - I just know what I believe, and I believe that too many politians lie, cheat and break the law, and have their own personal, or a "paid for" interest at heart.

Sponsored Links
Back