TIME SERVED PLUMBERS any advise for a newbie!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im in my first year as a self employed gas engineer (three years wet plumbing) but i recently i have a had a few Boilers that are dead from the box, or pack up within hours. I fit Baxi 105's & DUO's normally but wondering if i should change to WB instead. As it stands i am currently waiting for Baxi to come out to a dead Duo 40 which has packed in within 8 hours of being turned on. This wont happen now till tuesday as its a bank holiday hence the customer is going mad and trying to blame me!!! Any of you oldies have this sort of problem ever??

Sponsored Links
no new boilers are worth a toss IMHO

:)

but WB aftercare seems to be better than most

:)

Advice for a newbie..... well I wouldn't be so presumptuous as to 'try' and advise someone of their future but my course of action is.... Pack in the Gas. Go back to Wet side whilst retraining to be something else.

Sponsored Links
My immediate reaction is to think that you may regularly be wrongly connecting the power/controls to the boilers and not power flushing the system and the pump is seizing up because of dirt with a few hours.

But what has been the cause of the failures you have encountered so far?

Of course I would never sit back and just say it does not work! I would see why and fix it!

The manufacturers will tell you that less that one in a hundred have a fault within the warranty period so it must be something you are doing wrong.

So tell us more about the failures.

Tony

Had one not work out the box in 8 years.

Was a Heat Line the customer purchased for a development. Gas Valve was shot, technical told me it was incorrect pipe sizing, needless to say the Gas Valve was changed.

Yet saying that; as i was typing I remember when i first started i had a few F30s that seemed to be broke out the box, turns out on commissioning i was disconnecting the potentiometer accidentally.

So have to agree with Tony - What you touching/breaking? :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back