Time to change the boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.

I am sure my old Vaillant Ecomax is well and truely fooked now. Had the diverter valve changed a couple of months ago and it worked like new, then recently it is up to its old tricks again. I'm really fed up of having to switch on the heating to have a shower. The house starts boiling in no time.

Looking for a Worcester Bosh now to replace the 10 year old Vaillant. Which model should I go for? I live in a 3 bedroom end terraced with three large double radiators and five smaller single radiators and one bath/shower. How much should it cost fitted (I live in Heathrow area)? Not asking for a quote, just a an idea. This thing really needs to be replaced now.

Sponsored Links
Why not call repairer back to check diverter valve is still ok. It will be under warranty still :rolleyes:

It was fixed by my mate's dad who is Corgi registered. He advised me to change the bloody thing as he could not warranty its repair. I was skint and made the stupid, stupid mistake of having it fixed. It is all very embarassing. He was right. I should have ditched the piece of junk then and there.

Sponsored Links
I take it he doesn't like Vaillants then :rolleyes:

I would not repair something that I could not offer a warranty on! The diverter valve its self will be warranted for 12 months from whoever he bought it off.

An Ecomax should be good for at least another 5 years yet. Sounds to me as though it has not been properly looked after during its working life :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back