time to renounce religion..

Sponsored Links
If you wanted to know, you could have just asked
Oh, I thought you were just putting forward hypothetical points for the sake of discussion.... I must have misunderstood.

Yep, I think you must have. The "hypothetical point for discussion" comment was made when you kept asking me to provide the proof I supposedly said existed - which, of course I didn't say, as already explained.

The "hypothetical point for discussion" comment was made when you kept asking me to provide the proof I supposedly said existed - which, of course I didn't say, as already explained.

Twisting peoples words doesn't work on a forum where we can all look back to see what was "said".
You made a point that there may be evidence for god which I didn't recognise as evidence. I simply asked you for an example.
Out of curiosity though, what stripe of creationist are you? christian, jewish, moslem, buddhist, sun god, none of the above? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Yep, you repeatedly asked me for an example after I'd suggested that "there may be evidence" (which you seemed to have taken as an assertion by me that there was evidence). We then went on to agree that because none had yet been produced it didn't mean it didn't exist. Not sure where I'm supposed to have twisted words?

(which you seemed to have taken as an assertion by me that there was evidence).

This is where your confusion arises, I did not say that you said that there was evidence, just asked for an example of this unspecified evidence that you said may exist.
Now you tell me that I said that according to you there was evidence, I said no such thing.
You haven't answered the question. ;)

(which you seemed to have taken as an assertion by me that there was evidence).

This is where your confusion arises, I did not say that you said that there was evidence, just asked for an example of this unspecified evidence that you said may exist.
Now you tell me that I said that according to you there was evidence, I said no such thing.
You haven't answered the question. ;)

Sooey, you said :-

"I'd already stated there wasn't any, so you stating that there may be is far from hypothetical, to me anyway, and I have the perfect right to ask you to show me some, though I know you can't."

That's your assertion that I was saying that there was evidence, and not using a hypothetical point.

As you say, it's useful to be able to look back on previous posts.

"I'd already stated there wasn't any, so you stating that there may be is far from hypothetical, to me anyway, and I have the perfect right to ask you to show me some, though I know you can't."

You still seem confused.
That's your assertion that I was saying that there was evidence, and not using a hypothetical point.

Where did I assert that you said that there was evidence?

I repeat, you said that there may be evidence, I asked you to give an example.

Is this why people say you should never talk about politics or religion? :D

I'm surprised its got to ten pages without it being locked,full praise for everyone in keeping it on the right track.

You still seem confused.

Where did I assert that you said that there was evidence?

I repeat, you said that there may be evidence, I asked you to give an example.

No, I'm not confused. Why is it that when why we disagree, then I'm the one that's confused and not you? :rolleyes:

I intended to make a hyptohetical point, you decided it was "far from hyptothetical", I've tried to re-establish the hyptothetical nature of my point but you seem unable to accept that. That, as far as I can tell, is why there's confusion between us.

I'm not twisting anyone's words, just quoting what's been posted by us both. That's all I'm trying to establish here.

I'm surprised its got to ten pages without it being locked,full praise for everyone in keeping it on the right track.

Are we going for some kind of record? :LOL:

I'm not so sure it is still on track, looking back to the OP. But I guess it's closer to it than many threads I've seen elsewhere.

intended to make a hyptohetical point, you decided it was "far from hyptothetical", I've tried to re-establish the hyptothetical nature of my point but you seem unable to accept that. That, as far as I can tell, is why there's confusion between us.

Well, perhaps if you could spell it right, you have just had three goes there. :LOL:
Anyway let's give that one a rest, it's become a bit boring. But don't put words in my "mouth" based on what you think I mean.

intended to make a hyptohetical point, you decided it was "far from hyptothetical", I've tried to re-establish the hyptothetical nature of my point but you seem unable to accept that. That, as far as I can tell, is why there's confusion between us.

Well, perhaps if you could spell it right, you have just had three goes there. :LOL:
Anyway let's give that one a rest, it's become a bit boring. But don't put words in my "mouth" based on what you think I mean.

Yep, my bad - I'm a bit tired, been a long day already, typo-itis strikes again :LOL:

I agree that it's become boring, but I don't like accusations without substantiation. Still don't think I've seen that, and still don't accept that I've put words in your mouth, but let's move on.

Sponsored Links
Back