Timegaurd NTT02

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I intend to install a Timeguard NTT02 timer between a double pole switch and my immersion heater. The instructions are:
L live supply
N neutral supply
S IN live input for volt free output(or a link can be added between L and S IN if volt free is not required.
S Out switch live output to heater.

A circuit diagram in the instructions would have solved my confusion over S In, S Outs.
Can somebody clarify the outputs for me? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Connect incoming Live to both L ( Live Supply ) and S IN ( feed to the switch )

Connect both incoming Neutral and the Neutral going to the immersion heater to N ( Neutral Supply )

Connect the Live going to the immersion heater to S OUT ( switched supply from the switch )

Ensure the Earths are connected to each other.

I intend to install a Timeguard NTT02 timer between a double pole switch and my immersion heater. The instructions are:
L live supply ... N neutral supply
S IN live input for volt free output(or a link can be added between L and S IN if volt free is not required. ... S Out switch live output to heater.
A circuit diagram in the instructions would have solved my confusion over S In, S Outs. Can somebody clarify the outputs for me?
I'm not sure what you want clarifying ... conect the L and N from your DP switch to the L & N supply terminals of the timer. Connect a short piece of wire (the 'link') between the L supply terminal and the 'S IN' one. Connect your immersion to the 'S' and 'N' terminals (there may be a separate N terminal for the output/load - if not, use the same one as the supply N.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Less words ……. more help !
Indeed, 75 words vs Bernard's 63. However, I think my extra few words were worthwhile, to explain what was meant by 'the link' - the OP may not have immediately understood how to implement Bernard's instruction to " Connect incoming Live to both L ( Live Supply ) and S IN ( feed to the switch) "

Kind Regards, John

Last edited:
Congrats on photo finish ! You confirmed what I planned on doing. Belt and braces with electrics and plumbing... uncomfortable but safe.
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back