Timer module for in-line fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to replace two separate ceiling mounted extractor fans in adjacent rooms with a single in-line fan in the loft.

I'd like it to be timer operated from either light-switch (in parallel), however most of the in-line fan units seem not to have a built in timer. Anyone know of a cheap 240v delay timer module that can be wired inline on the switched live to these units?

Sponsored Links
Seb,
Are you looking for a "Run On Timer" for your inline fan?

There are several here that you could mount next to your InLineFan:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=run+on+timer&_frs=1

BUT not sure you can use Switch Live from both bathrooms? In my head I think I can picture that the light in the other bathroom will also come on.
So you might be able to use two "Run On Timers", both connected to same fan, to isolate the two Switched lives from each other.

SFK

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
BAS, noted and updated my text.
"One of these [in each bathroom]"
SFK

The other issues to consider are how balanced the two ducts are, and the provision of something to stop air flow along them from one room to the other, if that's wanted.

The other issues to consider are how balanced the two ducts are, and the provision of something to stop air flow along them from one room to the other, if that's wanted.
Yeh, I'm beginning to think, that for the additional complexity it creates, it is not worth the saving it creates vs just getting two duct fans.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back