Timer switch/socket/thermostat for underfloor heating?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We moved into a house with underfloor heating in our family bathroom and the temperature is controlled by an electric thermostat like this:

174000_173454_79491_34127651_thumb.jpg

This thermostat is powered by a fused switch near the skirting board, like this:

174000_173454_79492_73866473_thumb.jpg

It’s great to have underfloor heating but it takes ages to heat up, so it’s not even warm by the time you’ve turned it on and finished in the bathroom!

What would be ideal would be some kind of powered timer fused socket or thermostat. So, my questions are:

- Is it possible to buy a simple thermostat (like the one pictured above) that I can programme to come on/off at certain times of day? The only ones I can find seem to be ones that operate central heating systems and are far too complex for something this simple.

- Or, can you buy some kind of fused electric switch (like the one near the skirting board) that allows me to programme when it switches power on/off? The only things I’ve been able to find are timer plugs that are more for plugging things into, rather than just plain switches.

All suggestions welcome. :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back