Tips on cutting your energy bills (Esp. migrant pensioners)

Sponsored Links
Not sure why you posted that.

If a 10% drop in the value of the pound causes a loss of £400 per month, then they can still afford more than most.

Excellent quote in the comments:

"It never ceases to amaze me that so many people accept or believe that monetary devaluation is some kind of ethereal event. It is a manipulation engineered for profit by people who should have a prison address. The manipulations are for the direct profit of those dishonest folk in the financial sector and allied by those in government but always to the detriment of US !"

if they have lost between 400-440 and thats 10% then off course thats around £3660-4400 or £900 to £990 a week reduced to 810-891

Last edited:
If 400-440 is 10% then 100% was 4000-4400 per month; 1000-1100 per week down to 900-990 per week.

Sponsored Links
you need to remember there are 52 weeks in the year not just 48 or every month on average will be 4 weeks and around 3 days so you need to divide the annual amount by 52 to get a 1 week amount

Last edited:
Could be.

My pension is paid every four weeks. I would count that as monthly if working out a reduction.

yes i get my railway pension off 303 .34 every month [four weeks]if it was calender monthly it would be 328 68 or 25 more

as i am sure you will be aware fact and honesty is more important to me than personal agenda if i find information that goes against my thoughts i share them as a well rounded honest situation
i do have personal opinions but i do not think i am right and others are wrong

What happens when you ARE right and others ARE wrong.

This is a giraffe:
upload_2016-8-8_0-57-12.jpeg

mmmm not important really to me my agenda and thoughts are more important
i need to be accurate and honest in my thoughts

Last edited:
Could you not be honest and show me I have been inaccurate?

Would it not be kinder to point out the error of my ways so that I may not make the same mistake again?

If not, then nothing improves.

i would suggest you are over reading the situation you are looking for complication where a very basic level is in place
trying to complicate a situation is fairly pointless you have a situation where a level off understanding will work well

I think both of you may have missed the main point:
Pamela Symons, 67, said that she and her partner had lost £200 a month and were considering selling their home in Marbella.
This is not specific to one couple, but is probably a general feeling amongst many expats.
The figures talked about was "as much as £400 per month"
So most will have lost less than that, and in many cases much less than that.

So Brexit will potentially increase the pensioners returning to UK because they can no longer afford to live abroad.
That'll increase pressure on NHS, housing, etc.
I include housing because in most cases a surfeit of houses being sold will leave most of them unsold (apart from the fact that expats tend to over-value their homes) so they will be reliant on social housing when they return to UK.

So you are saying that they will leave the property that they own in Spain to come back to live in social housing in the UK? For the sake of a poxy £100 per week? Is that what you are really saying?...

I think both of you may have missed the main point:
Pamela Symons, 67, said that she and her partner had lost £200 a month and were considering selling their home in Marbella.
This is not specific to one couple, but is probably a general feeling amongst many expats.
The figures talked about was "as much as £400 per month"
So most will have lost less than that, and in many cases much less than that.

So Brexit will potentially increase the pensioners returning to UK because they can no longer afford to live abroad.
That'll increase pressure on NHS, housing, etc.
I include housing because in most cases a surfeit of houses being sold will leave most of them unsold (apart from the fact that expats tend to over-value their homes) so they will be reliant on social housing when they return to UK.
More than likely the pound will sort itself out when everything becomes more stable and then people will go back to normal.
Doubt will be as dramatic as you predict.

Sponsored Links
Back