Tips on replacing a lead water pipe..??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I'm about to start the task of replacing my lead water main with a new plastic one, and I'm looking for some advice on the internal excavations needed where the the pipe enters the house in the kitchen... (the external digging I'm ok with, I think).

We've just recently finished renovating the kitchen, and I REALLY don't want to start digging holes near my brand new flooring, but I've been told that it's necessary so it'll have to be done. (Discovered a leak and the lead supply pipe after we'd finished the kitchen, otherwise I'd have replaced it beforehand!)

The kitchen floor is concrete, and the lead pipe comes in through the concrete in one corner.

I've attached some pictures of the job in hand, presumably I just need to drill through the concrete with a decent size drill bit, and dig a hole wide and deep enough for the plumber to be able to do his thing...?

Any ideas how thick the concrete floor will be?

Do I just back fill the hole once it's complete and put some cement over it?

Anyone else done this? Tips?

image.jpg
image.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back