Titan wet n dry vac blowing out dust

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I've got one of those wet n dry vacs from Screwfix by their own brand titan. Had it for a good few years now

In dry mode I'm using it with the correct bag and the coarse foam filter that fits over the housing inside the unit.

When hoovering up small particles like cement/brick dust etc I noticed a fair amount of dust gets ejected out of the vac via the blower output hole.

This makes it not very useful in enclosed spaces as it ends up creating a worse dust cloud. After checking to make sure the bag is properly sealed and has no tears are there any other things that could be the issue. Would be interested to hear if anyone's had a similar problem with theirs.
Note I think they changed the shape and fitment of the bag slightly a while bag but it still seams to fit properly

Sponsored Links
Maybe the filtering just isn't that good? Check it's secure and not slipping down inside.

I have a similar machine, Lidl Parkside brand, I found a better quality filter on Amazon after the original paper one started to fall apart.

I have toyed with the idea of fitting a Henry hepaflo filter bag over the outlet, and securing with a cable tie, as a way of improving the basic filtering.

I think this upgrade might be the answer.

Sponsored Links
Ended up getting that internal filter in my last post... Makes a world of difference. Literally no dust comes out now

I have one too but mine came with that cartridge filter, the corse foam one as far as I thought was to be used for wet instead of the cartridge and doesn't really do much for dry filtering.
The bags are not that good and the cartridge filter is the second line of defence. I have tried henry heppaflo when I ran out of titan bags.
As for blowing out dust even with the cartridge filter it can blow but even just the strong blow itself can be a problem blowing dust on one serface to everywhere else.

My top tip - get another hose and attach to the blow side and stick it out of a window, that's how I use mine all the time.

I too have one and suffer the same issue, in my opinion, one of the design flaws is the 90 degree bend which enters the paper bag, the suction is great, but when you suck up a small bit of grit, it ejects it at speed and often punches a hole through the side of the paper bag, then what follows is the dust gets blow straight through the vacuum and out the exhaust as you describe, often creating a room full of dust.

I think what would improve it, is if the 90 degree as it comes into the bag, pointing directly downwards instead of to one side. Alternatively a cloth bag rather than paper would be a handy option.

but it's a good little vacuum for the money, especially good for draining small amounts of water as well. I'd like the flex hose to be a little longer, but for the money, no real complaints!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back