Vacuum Cleaner - Wet/Dry for DIY use

thanks,
Very interested in the Nilfisk
just looking at a review on youtube,
not a lot of spec on the website

the review 2 years ago , shows a 1900W power take off - which is great as mitre saw is 1675W - although extraction not been great with henry -
so thats a plus over others

and it said "N" filter which is just below asbestos and should be good for MDF , unless i misunderstood

Also the bag is reusable and 6 layers - so thats good , and only £16 on amazon for 5 replacements, thats cheaper then paper , i have seen

And filter works with Wet /Dry so no bother changing over that .

interested

OK, so now trying to find a dealer to buy - how difficult to do that !!!!
the online shop wants a login, but nowhere to register !!!!

this is hard to find a dealer , will have to call , also the cloth filter seems not to be included now , BUT can use without a bag

ebay seems the only place , dont like ebay very much
and viking direct, but not that model
Amazon no price , so not available

Sponsored Links
Thanks i saw that £201.94
a little more than i was originally thinking of, BUT if it has everything and high quality - metal etc , then prepared to pay once
not in stock at the moment , expected 17/11/23 - been here before with Sthil - ordered a Adj hedge trimmer in oct - expected Dec, turned up in June!!!!!!!!
anyway , I have written to them
see if CPC bother with any deals towards black friday - i suspect not

and i see from a downloaded brochure , bags not included

Can the same filter be used Dry and Wet
now say M filter grade - have to look that up - i have HEPA bags for Henry

DIY vacuums need HEPA bags to filter the fine dust. Especially if you using on MDF or Silica dust as its the biggest risk after asbestos.
Suck in dust that isn't caught by bag then kills the vacuum motor and blows out the back and pollutes the air.

If you buy a cheap vacuum then don't skimp on the bag..

Sponsored Links
thanks for the info.
still trying to see about the "M" Filter - supposed to be in the Nilfisk , youtube mention "N"
will look into further

My Henry had HEPA bags , looking into those for all the new vacuums looking at

So I understand and I asked a few reps and a face mask expert when I heard a talk on dust.
Never got an answer but.

Difference with my festool vac m and n models. One has a light when bag is full. The other doesn't.
Apart from that they are the same including bags.

What happened to J&K?
:(
Screenshot_20231113-213708_Chrome.jpg

Difference with my festool vac m and n models. One has a light when bag is full. The other doesn't.
brilliant thanks

seems like a "M" is a good option for dust , i have been aware of that on the Henra hence the change in bags early on, when using a lot of MDF - making various bits of furniture etc

found this on google - but cant link as forbidden in UK (but google produce an except
It should be noted M CLASS vacuums are HEPA filtered and constructed to contain MEDIUM HAZARD DUST.

see what price the Kacher is tomorrow and if i get a reply on the Aero ......

thanks guys for all the advice an help - i'll keep looking and see what others have to say too

So I understand and I asked a few reps and a face mask expert when I heard a talk on dust.
Never got an answer but.

Apart from that they are the same including bags.

Don't you mean L and M class (and not N)?

thanks for the info.
still trying to see about the "M" Filter - supposed to be in the Nilfisk , youtube mention "N"
will look into further

My Henry had HEPA bags , looking into those for all the new vacuums looking at

A Nilfix M class will be in excess of £400

Some sites say that the filter supplied with the one at CPC is a HEPA filter.

A true M class machine is supposed to monitor the airflow. Some will automatically "tap" the bag or filter to help maintain the airflow.

As per @Wayners ' post, I guess that many have the same bags and filters used in L class machines. I am only guessing though.

been calling various companies today, Nelfisk, no offers - direct from Nelfisk is more than CPC - but no deals , and not sure if the filter is a wet/dry or if thats another £20

the Karcher WD5 is on offer - looks interesting

BUT , well off all the requirements, came across a DEWALT - cordless and corded - sent as an email from Toolstation , well the DeWalt DXV20P and then when i looked into i found
DCV584L-GB
small unit - no power off
but no bags needed HEPA filter
so none of the things i mentioned at the start ... BUT ...... portable maybe interesting
i have all dewalt cordless tools - so maybe useful for cordless

interested if anyone has one and used

maybe i'll get a motor for the henry .....

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back