Title of whodunnit film

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This has been bugging me for years, i'm trying to remember the title of a film that was set inside a cinema I can't be certain whether it was subtitled or not but the story is as follows: the film starts with an audience watching a cowboy film onscreen there is a duel taking place where one of the cowboys shoots the other the credits roll and the film ends, the lights go up and all of a sudden there's a scream and everyone looks at the seat in the front row where a gentleman is sitting there dead.
It just so happens that a detective is amongst those in the audience and he quickly gets the cinema staff to close the doors and lock everyone in, the detective then goes through the procedure of interviewing the patrons one by one and several suspects come to the fore but the detective is unable to gather enough evidence and decides to hold a re-enactment of the circumstances leading up to the murder, everyone sits back in their original seats and a volunteer sits in the victims chair, the lights are dimmed and the film run again , the detective keeps a close eye on events
the film gets to the shoot out again and the lights go up once more, another scream is let out when they find the volunteer now dead!
To cut the story short this happens another time until the detective realises that there is no murderer but that the film itself has supernatural forces and it is the surviving cowboy in the film that shot the member of the audience! Great stuff but whats the title? it's been on the box in the past but ive tried searches everywhere to find out the title,
Can any film buffs help?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Back