TMV low pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a Saracen TMV 2/3 fitted under the bath. With the control fully clockwise there is lots of pressure out of the bath hot water tap but it’s cold. With the control fully anti-clockwise there is hot water but at a reduced pressure compared to other taps. It means the shower fitted to the tap isn’t powerful enough.

The Saracen web site says there are in line filters on the TMV. Is it possible the hot inlet is partially blocked? Alternatively, is it possible to remove the TMV completely?

Unfortunately the plumber didn’t put any isolation valves around the TMV so it makes checking the filters and / or removing the valve a bit of a pain.

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/tmv-low-hot-water-pressure.504374/#ixzz5Ia7zbG8u

Sponsored Links
It’s a pressurised system from a megaflow. The house is about 2 years old. There is good pressure from the other taps and en-suite shower etc. Also there is good pressure from the bath hot tap if I turn the TMV control fully clockwise so that it’s only using the cold water inlet. It’s just when the TMV is set to the normal temperature range that the water out of the hot tap reduces.

I think I’ll have to try and take the TMV apart to look at the filters but it’s a real nuisance that there are no isolation valves ! To be honest, I’m not a plumber but the pipe work around the TMV is a bit of a mess with multiple bits of plastic pipe and push connectors.

Sponsored Links
AFD7A132-7C05-44E2-9361-28103FD2D1F1.jpeg

In case anyone else has the same problem, the hot water inline filters was partially blocked by flakes of solder. I now have full pressure again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back