To paint ceramic tile or not

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a dated feature tile to the centre of the bathroom ceramic tiles - see attached photo.

I'm looking at the cheap option of painting them white. However there are 2 curved silver strips above and below the tile. Will this look shoddy if painted with a brush?

Many thanks
Nick

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 185
Sponsored Links
Painting tiles works for about two years then it starts to look S***, OK if you are looking for a quick fix or trying to sell, but not good long term.

Thanks for the reply.

Can you can't paint over them again?

Personally I wouldn't do it, if not for the simple fact of you having a completely different finish to the tiles the feature are sitting next to. It will look much worse than a dated tile as you'll never get the nice gloss of a ceramic tile using tile paint. Which by the way is thick and not easily to get a good finish.
They are also difficult to clean and stain easily once you've painted them, rub too hard and the paint comes off. Personally I'd save up and wait until you can afford to put new tiles up.

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

I actually painted the tile, ruined them and will now replace all tiles and possibly bathroom suite.

Quick fix has turned into a valuable lesson.

As you can see from the attached photo, time to rip the lot off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 174

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back