Today's Emergency Budget

Why should they be given a council house? Send them back to France.

Sponsored Links
On my regular trips to Eastern Europe I buy 6 months worth of fags at the duty free, so won't have a big affect on me.

Dunhill £3.50 a pack!

funny to see the LibDems now accepting a policy that they were strongly against and even warned about. They seem to be sitting on the bench just to keep quiet and take it from behind as and when a Tory requires it. Very funny :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I haven't had time to read all the fine details yet but it looks like my pay will be frozen for the next two years. I was more or less expecting that. It's no real problem as long as inflation stays really low. Come to think of it, we only expect pay rises because we accept inflation as inevitable. Why? :confused: :confused: :confused:

That 'huge' rise in VAT is a whopping 2.5% extra. I suppose that means AS*A will be charging 7.5p more for their bargain DVDs from now on. :( :( :(

The good news:

(1) They haven't screwed my pension (yet).

(2) The minimum 50p per unit of alcohol came to nothing. That's good news for my local offy because there's no way I'd pay £2-25p for a can of Carlsberg special. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Edit: I got my maths wrong. :oops: :oops: :oops: An extra 2.5% VAT on a £3 DVD is only 6.4p. Not so bad after all. :) :) :)

A lot of words about nothing and whats altered? nothing the suns come up again :LOL:

On my regular trips to Eastern Europe I buy 6 months worth of fags at the duty free, so won't have a big affect on me.

Dunhill £3.50 a pack!

Should go to Geneva for the day instead! £80 per 1000 at Duty Free

DOnt really see a big problem with the vat. It will add 250 to a 10 grand project, is someone going to pull the plug on that?

something had to be done to sort the mess out

Totally agree, whilst i'm not happy paying more for anything, two years ago when Labour dropped VAT by 2.5% everyone was saying its a waste of time, the saving will hardly be noticeable and yet now the Con-Libs have put it up 2.5% the world is about to end and no-one will be able to afford to buy anything ever again??

It seems to me that the people on this forum are the only people who understand that the UK has to reduce its debt somehow and unfortunately that means we've got to pay for it.

Dunhill £3.50 a pack!

Should go to Geneva for the day instead! £80 per 1000 at Duty Free

Yes Geneva is a very nice place, but,,,,,, A cup of coffee will cost you more than a packet of twenty. Have a meal with it and you'd have to re-mortgage your house when the bill arrives.

Reminds me of the last time I was in Puerto Banus in Spain. Had a pint of lager and a glass of coke at a harbourside bar. When the waiter brought the bill it was around 12 euros.
I said to him " I didn't realise I was buying shares in the place."
He replied " Don't worry Senor,,, You ave not bought any shares."
;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Back