Toilet bowl with side waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings, we need to replace an old toilet bowl which has the waste pipe on the left. Does anyone know anywhere we can get a new one - loo, not pipe. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
has it got any markings or makers name etc ?

have you a pic ? you can still get the old style wc's etc brought a few over the yrs.
thats why i asked if it coloured etc

Sponsored Links
It's gpt blue lettering in the bowl "NEW VOLVIA" - sounds like a car. I can get a picture if that helps...

your pic hasn't worked.

don't look like this does it this is a new volvia wc

25572_1.jpg

just about see it have you tried it with the flash ?

is yours the same as the one in my pic same base etc ?

yes, looks exactly the same. Sorry, flash on the camera is rubbish, I can try and take another tomorrow in the daylight?

that toilet is apparently victorian so i don't know what chances of finding a side entry one is.

what wrong with yours ?

this is the cistern to go with it.

25572_2.jpg

you haven't got that as well have you ?

10_4_6.gif

crikey, didn't realise it was that old... the waste pipe is leaking - someone saw it and said they thought it might be asbestos...

no, the cistern is horrible plastic thing, we wanted to replace that, which hopefully will be easier..

if the waste pipe is leaking the toilet shouldn't need replacing as thats ceramic.
just the waste pipe needs repairing. and that won't be asbestos

yes, can keep the toilet, especially if it's that old - we'll respect it a bit more. Any tips on not messing with the wastepipe too much but making sure it doesn't leak - we were going to move the loo and fit a new floor - I think we should fit around it now, otherwise we're at risk of damaging it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back