Toilet dripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this can be fixed or adjusted but I have noticed a drip coming from the toilet. Seems to go on for ages, dripping from the blue part in the photo

Sponsored Links
It needs a new washer inside the valve. (The dirty looking white thing on which the blue thing is perching)

Nozzle

have done a quick search, so let the water drain, unscrew white plastic thread and washer should be inside?

You forgot an important step - turn the water off. Often there's an isolator valve somewhere on the entry pipe.

Sponsored Links
Eugh, this is why I don't like doing any work. So, I turned off water, unscrewed white nut to see what I was working with

Put it all back together without changing anything and is leaking from the nut

I have now replaced the diaphragm, o-ring and washer and it's still leaking. Any ideas? Should there be an extra washer that's not in the photo?

Looks like either the black washer shown in your picture is not in place (between the valve body and the inlet) or you haven't tightened the inlet onto the body enough

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back