Toilet tank mechanism leaking/dripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I can't get my friend's toilet tank to stop dripping. It seems to be dripping out of the larger blue dial left of the little white water faucet thing. It also just doesn't fully shut off. I tried adjusting the arm and the little silver screw thing but it only shuts off if I lift it; the float doesn't seem to quite float enough!

Can I just get a new internal mechanism for it? Or is it time for a new toilet? I've no idea what the toilet is or what I'd be looking for, however I've done a lot of DIY plumbing in the past overseas so hopefully can handle this!

Tks!

I'm not sure if the photo insert is working so here is the link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/gJZ4f9SXxFs7VTE89

5RMm8RB81G6ZtgKR7

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The big blue nut is not on straight. Turn off the water, Take it off, reassemble it properly. If the thread is damaged buy a new fill valve and fit that as a replacement. It might cost about £10. You will need some adjustable spanners.

Fab JohnD and jj4091, I'll give it a go!

Thanks very much!

Sponsored Links
thanks yes I'm quite familiar with that design in the US. So no problem using that one in this system I take it?

thanks yes I'm quite familiar with that design in the US. So no problem using that one in this system I take it?
The only one I can think of is you may need to turn the siphon and flush lever to opposite side if there's not room for the new fill valve to fit..good thing about SF is you can take it back easily

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back