toilet drips after being flushed for a while

tightened the adjustment screw up even tighter and seems to have come to a stop!!!!! thanks all!

Sponsored Links
what to do you mean the valve screw pushes against the washer and tighter the more you wind it in as far as i am aware

Thought you'd adjusted the water level, which would mean that the drip would probably still be there once you flushed it.

If what you did has done the job, then who am I to argue :D ;)

Sponsored Links
do you think i have just adjusted the level by winding it in more??

so what do i do then please?

Try flushing it again - if you've fixed it then it's fixed.

Failing that, since you've already dismantled it, cleaned it and replaced the washer, it may well be the case that the assembly itself has just worn out with hairline fractures and minor pitting. If this is the case and you can't live with it taking longer to stop dripping, then it might be just as easy to replace the whole thing. They're not the dearest things in the world and are easily changed :)

can you retro fit something like a fluidmaster? i have one of these in one of our other toilets and works well. thanks

^^ can i keep the standard flush mech ?
and will it all fit in a standard (old style) toilet ?

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back