Toilet flush makes pipes ring/vibrate sound

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
after flushing the toilet as the cistern is filling the cold water feed starts to make a vibrating/ringing sound which reverbs around the cold water pipes for about 5 seconds and stops when the cistern is full.......heres a pic of the offending item. how can i sort this, do i need to buy a new complete unit or is there an easier fix..........Cheers

cistern.jpg

Sponsored Links
The problem is the float valve.
Replace this.

Ok chaps got round to fitting the new ball valve, as the replacement was a slightly different design, i had to replace the whole unit inc the filler pipe that goes through the water tank to the cold water feed, its a bottom entry fill cystern, but after 4 or 5 attempts i cant get the washer/pipe to seat and seal against the bottom of the toilet tank so its alwasy weeping when the tank gets filled, any tips or soulutions :oops:

Sponsored Links
Sorted that, the newer riser has 4 stregnthening pieces at the base and one of thes peices was fouling against the syphon thingy, and therefore not allowing the riser to seat. so the old unit has gone back in with the newer valve washer, The problem now is that the ball valve doesnt stop dripping or takes ages to stop, I have adjusted the ballckock arm adjustment, but it does take some extra pressure by hand to get the valve to stop the water, any ideas.......... :oops:

See the red high pressure replacement nipple in your picture, well remove and replace the fitted one for the red and give it a try.
Pete

O/k, thanks Dan. I was trying to make the point that it could be letting by and if changed may make the problem stop.
Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back