Toilet flusher doesn't line up with lid

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have fitted a toilet were the siphon doesn't line up corrected with the cistern lid so won't fit the push button.
Even adjusted as fa as it will go it won't a line with the cistern lid / push button any ideas?

Sponsored Links
If the siphon was supplied with the cistern it should fit unless you have fitted it wrong.otherwise you need a different siphon. Ie one with cord to push button

Sponsored Links
Was supplied with cistern, can't see how I have fitted it wong.

Can't see what else you can do. The location of the valve is dictated by the hole in the bottom of cistern. Even turning the valve throgh 180 deg. looks like it will make the situation worse.

I would contact the supplier, and see what they can do for you. Cable controlled looks like your only option if you're keeping it.

And a bucket of water to flush in the meantime. ;)

Check that the flushing siphon isn't crocked, like cross threadlike, a bit off, on the mounting hole. Like you turn and click in.

Daniel.

I once had this problem with one of those B&Queue to go toilets. I found that the base of the cistern was not manufactured perpendicular to the sides so the valve was misaligned at the top.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back