Toilet Flushing Control Advice Required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I flush the loo I get a slight leak on the plastic body, I have attached a photo of the unit.
Is the yellow attachment a pipe ? and how does it operate the two flush functions.
I of course wish to stop the leak I have not tried yet taking it apart until you good guys can impart your wisdom, thanks in advance. IMG_0281.JPG

Sponsored Links
That looks like a standard cable operated flush, one button presses the clip inside more than the other, short for short flush long for full flush if I remember rightly.

It leaks from the white plastic body? May be a vacuum but they're usually round.

That looks like a standard cable operated flush, one button presses the clip inside more than the other, short for short flush long for full flush if I remember rightly.

It leaks from the white plastic body? May be a vacuum but they're usually round.

Thanks for reply, yes on each operation the plastic body becomes wet after it drys it remains ok until next use.
You refer to vacuum what is that please.

Can you take another photo of the whole setup showing where the button is actually located in relation to the cistern?

Sponsored Links
OK. Looks like the water level is too high in the cistern. You need to adjust the float on the inlet valve so that the level is lower when full. Also, the front of the cistern opening should have a cover that clips in to prevent spray from the cistern filling.
I would guess that water is being syphoned down the yellow tube when you flush.
Can you see it happen when you operate it with it all exposed like that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back