toilet installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys - would be great to get some advice from you....

I am installing a new toilet in our first floor flat - the soil pipe will be approximately 10mm lower that the outlet from the toilet - i'm assuming that the right type of adaptor will sort this out, the soil pipe is fixed into position directly behind the toilet exiting through an external wall.

however what concerns me is that the toilet we have purchased - a bathstore euro mono as can be seen here - http://www.bathstore.com/_application/bathstore/products/bathroom-suites/euro-ranges/euro-mono/

The problem is that the toilet is designed to sit flush with the wall with the sides also flush with the wall - this will leave a very clean look - but how the hell do i connect the toilet and the soil pipe if i cannot access the join as the toilet is pushed back into position?

Thanks Guys!

Sponsored Links
now for me to be dumb - what's a flexi?

my main concern is how do i know they are connected properly if i can't see any of it as the toilet is pushed back?

Sponsored Links
A flexible soil pipe connector.

Instead of a solid soil pipe connector, the flexible ones concertina. So the idea is you can connect both ends with the flexi elongated then it will 'compress' when you push the toilet into place.

Just make sure you don't nick the connector!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back