Toilet installation

I chose him based on mybuilder and his reviews, the fact he came out and changed a stop tap 2 other plumbers didn't want to do, he did a good job on that and fitting some outside taps etc. He seemed be doing everything OK, until. It came. To the actual 2nd fitting of the bathroom.

My brother in laws a builder and been working on the house for me too, and it was him that mentioned the plumbing based on the 2nd fix, which is why I'm here now basically.

Sponsored Links
another said it shouldn't be a massive problem if he can get a decent fall on it all

That may be the case but that just isn't the way it should be. Just needs done properly that's all.

It should be one piece of black pipe just about level to the pan spigot ..... take out the cabinet's back panel and section sides to allow the pipe to sit back to the wall, cut 2" of the bottom section of the soil stack pipe and refit the branch .... hoping there's enough pipe above, if not then another coupler will be needed. Refit the panel in front of the pipe and trim the shelf. Not very difficult nor complicated to an experienced plumber IMO.

How long are the shower feeds coming out from the wall and is it the chrome shrouds for say a bar shower that won't fit? ... more pics please.

Thanks for all the info

I'll get some more. Photos when I'm back at the house tomorrow and will upload here

Sponsored Links
Thanks again, have attached a photo of the shower installation. I've had a few people out now, 1 plumber asked for the original plumber to put this right as he doesn't want to touch it, 2 others have said shower nerds to come out and board needs to come back. Off and then to be re done

What do you all think?

Attachments

• IMG_20190720_101342.jpg
    IMG_20190720_101342.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 210
Oh dear looks like those ridiculous Z connectors.

Honestly, it needs to come out and get done properly.

That's shocking, why does the original plumber think that any of that work is acceptable never mind asking for money for it ..... actually going by all that work, he really shouldn't really be called nor trade as a plumber

Thanks again, have attached a photo of the shower installation. I've had a few people out now, 1 plumber asked for the original plumber to put this right as he doesn't want to touch it, 2 others have said shower nerds to come out and board needs to come back. Off and then to be re done

What do you all think?

Before you start ripping boards off, is that the tight final position of the mixer? if so just measure the gap and cut it off the 1/2" thread
and redo.

If those connectors are tight into the fittings and bar mixer, I would say the gap's too big to make up by cutting the connectors and still leave enough thread to get it all to fit tight together. Alway worth a try though.

Must be something about plumbers (no offence guys)

I've had 3 people. Look at this job now and not one actual quite to sort it out, I'd have thought it would be quite straightforward to give me an indication on time and price how to put this right, apparently not

This is holding up the entire house now as its the last room to get done and I can't paint etc until its sorted.

Must be something about plumbers (no offence guys)

No.
There are many more who say they can do plumbing than those who are actually plumbers! Unfortunately, it's been that way for a while now and is only getting worse with the expanse of push fit!
Just because it's now easier to connect a network of pipes and fittings, doesn't mean you should!

No.
There are many more who say they can do plumbing than those who are actually plumbers! Unfortunately, it's been that way for a while now and is only getting worse with the expanse of push fit!
Just because it's now easier to connect a network of pipes and fittings, doesn't mean you should!
That doesn't surprise me, sad but is I know 3 decent plumbers but they are. All too busy with other work, same in every industry mine included, cowboys unfortunately and hard for a novice to spot who's who until its started

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back