toilet isolation valve prob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a isolation valve on the feed for the toilet. underneath the valve where the nut meet the copper pipe feed, i notice a weeping leak, which is so slow. i have changged the valve etc. should i be putting ptfe tape around the olive??

its driving me mad, am i better of putting a speed fit isolation valve in.

Sponsored Links
Hi Vik,

Just give the nut a nip up.

Failing that, then yes unscrew nut and wrap some ptfe around the olive.

Rico

kev jointing compund, is that the LSX stuff for leak sealer which comes in a yellow tube??

Sponsored Links
Is the arrow facing towards the cistern, and are you sure it's not leaking from the center screw.

i have both ptfe tape and the lsx stuff. if using ptfe tape how many times should i wrap it around, its 15 mm copper pipe on the end of the isolation valve??

also for the lsx stuff, if applying this do i have to let it dry for a hour before i tighten it up??

good point about the arrow... no leak in screw tho

for knowledge does any ptfe tape ever go on the thread of the isolation valve if tape is on the olive??

so do u put ptfe on the olive when its sitting on the copper pipe or do u put it on the olive then place into the isolation valve and tighten?

great tip kev, i used the lsx compound /leak sealer around the olive and tightened back up, and hey presto no leak. im so happy, :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back