Toilet leak Problem

deanfleet said:
surely a foam easher is a foam washer
No - there are different shapes, and different thicknesses, and different materials that compress by different proportions.

Sponsored Links
I carn't see that there is a problem with the donghnut washer as the op said that he put some toilet paper there at night and when he got up it was wet. So unless someone used the toilet in the night it carnt be the doughnut. I would think its the either the float valve (where it enters the bottom of the cisten) or if its the sort of cistern where the close cuple bolts fasern through the bottom of the cistern and not a plate.[/quote]

hey guys,

Job done went to focus and got a new washer, its a big thick rubber one and cost £1.99.

It was indeed the doughnut washer that was leaking and the reason it was leaking beacuse for some strange reason the inner part of the ring had been masacared, it looked as if someone had got a knife and tried to cut the inner ring to make it wider!! Botched job by the looks of things!!

anyways i put the new rubber ring in and its been left for a couple of hours with several test flushes in between and now its dry behind the toilet, there is no water coming from anywhere.

Ill post a photo of the botched rubber ring the plumber put on.

23092007042zn9.jpg

Sponsored Links
Your palm reveals that you will meet a tall dark stranger, on a windswept moor, on the night of a full moon, whose eyes will appear as deep as the universe is wide, whose breath will feel as cold as the keenest Arctic wind, whose deep voice would make thunder as if it were the shrillest falsetto, whose footstep would... <that's enough of that, Ed.>

Either that or you once done some manual labour innit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back