Leaking Toilet..smelly water ..help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

At the back of my toilet, there seems to be a gap that has opened up where the toilet meets the waste pipe and when the toilet is flushed water leaks out .

Can I seal this with something? Some sort of putty/resin? The Toilet itself seems in pretty good shape so I think it's just a crack in the plastic wasteflow pipe

Any suggestions / help would be most appreciated!

Sponsored Links
you could try genuine silicone sealant. but what you should reall be asking is why has the pipe cracked

If the connector at the back of the toilet has failed it is best to replace it........but you can make a "temporary repair" using a product called Denso tape available from B&Q or a plumbers merchant once sealed and cured about a month then paint it with gloss paint and it becomes more permanent.

oh good advice as ever...off to b&q it is then...taaa

Sponsored Links
I've heard you can paint Denso paint with oil based gloss as said above. Anyone had success doing this? The brown colour doesn't really look the best on a soil pipe.

the amount of effort from bodging and painting it exceeds the effort needed to replace the faulty part with a new one.

You are probably correct but I've already done it now so just need to paint. It is the pipe that comes out the back of the toilet, the rubber had perished. I would have had to unscrew the pan and done something with the old over head height cistern with brass pipe. Also in mega old house and bricks/fixings are crumbly so could have caused more problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back