Toilet Leak - replacing outlet pan/pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a small leak, which as recently got a little worse, and I think it's coming from the bottom of the toilet pan, that connects to the outlet pipe/tube.

I have bought an extendable pan connector from B&Q.

I don't think there will be a problem with trying to fit the connector to the pan of the toilet, I know about turning off water supply, drain cistern etc... but how do you make the connection at the other end, because it just seems to go straight into the wall, and there's no obvious way of disconnecting it. Do you just pull it out?

Thanks for any advice you can give

Dirk

Sponsored Links
whats connecting you pan to waste now ?

if your waste is direct behind your pan i can't see why you have brought
an extendable pan connector.

Because there is a leak between the toilet and were it connects to the waste outlet, which then goes on for about 2ft to the wall. I thought I would need to replace the whole tube, because it all seems to be one piece. I'll try and take some pictures to show it better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back