Toilet leak trickling into pan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's an idela standard toilet fitted a couple of years ago. There has been a small trickle of water going constantly into the pan.

I suspected it might be the cistern/flush valve seal so i just fitted a new one but the trickle is still there.

I'm not stumped as to what it could be.

Note when trying to remove the twist and push cistern the fixed bit that the valve seats on seemed to twist round a bit. I then held it still with one hand than twisted the valve to remove it with the other. COuld this be the source of the issue?

Any other ideas how i can trouble shoot the leak?

Sponsored Links
Hows the water level in the cistern- is it too high and dropping down the overflow?

Other than that (we are talking close coupled here) it'll be the seal between cistern and loo, modern ceramics can be a bit rough finished so you may need to add some sealant to the gaskets

What seal did you replace ? Is it the one between the base of the flush valve and the inside of the cistern ,or is it the flush valve seal itself ( the one that sits on the end of the moveable bit)?

Sponsored Links
Then the seal between the base of the valve ( think you mentioned that was loose when you twisted off the top half),and the cistern is suspect ,and will need replacing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back