Toilet letting water into pan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've been trying my hardest to solve this problem but I'm now out of ideas. Can anyone spot what is wrong/what I'm doing wrong please?

So...

My Duravit toilet was continually filling (high pitched hissing noise) most of the day and night. I replace the inlet washer and the problem still continued. Then I figured that if I shut the water off and the pan emptied I'd know it was the washer for the flush letting the water level drop and therefore the cistern continuing to fill. So within 30 minutes the cistern emptied so I replaced the clear washer on the bottom of the outlet. This didn't work as it kept emptying.

So now, I've bought a new Geberit 272.306.KG.1 IMPULS280 valve to replace the Geberit 272.324.KG.1 but this also hasn't fixed the problem. The part umber was different as they don't make the original anymore but reading around it is the part to replace the old one.

Here are the the photos....

Any ideas please?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I assume you just replaced the top half of valve and left the bit at the bottom still attached to the cistern. if so the seal between cistern and the bottom bit is letting water pass.

Ahhh ok, thanks for that. So.... they've sent me this bit too... you think it's worth fitting it too and seeing if that'll sort it?

I'm guessing I'll take the cistern off to do this, unscrew the old one and pop in the new one? Do I need additional products, doughnut etc for this job or do I have everything above?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
fit a new donut ,cheap as chips ,and not worth trying to see if old one might be OK. the difficulty may be getting the nuts off.metal ones rust up and can be a right pain

Cool, thanks. Managed to get the cistern off.

Ok, so doughnut seems fine (I agree that a new one would be nice but I don't have any good merchants within 20 minutes drive of me so will go with this one for now).....

Not sure how to get this plastic clip off the old one and onto the new one. Don't want to snap or break it as I only have one. I guess I could just put in the whole piece but again it's something that could be faulty and by doing this I won't know will I?

Thanks again guys, getting there!

Yes but I don't have that clasp at the top of the 2nd photo in order to hold the water inlet in position. I'm trying to prize it off the old one but blimey it's tough. Must be some retainer clips inside that are holding it in position maybe? Might have to smash the larger piece to free it up and release is?

wc s_LI.jpg

Are the clips not visible in you pic

Last edited:
Yes, it's a nightmare to get that clip out. I've given up with trying to get it out and just used the old part. Put it all back together and so far... so good... no leaking into the pan. Massive thanks for the help both of you.

I guess to finish the job properly I need to do the following...

1. Replace the doughnut with a new one. This will help.
2. Replace the part (in picture 1) with the new one and add a new clip to it.
3. You may have noticed the hose is badly rusted (in picture 2) and again, this could do with replacing.

(any suggestions where I can get all the replacements parts above or what they are called so I know what I'm looking for)

View attachment 120185
Are the clips not visible in you pic
Yeah, you're right, I thought this would do it. I released those which allows it to turn but it will not release the piece completely. There must be something else holding onto it.

if its working it doesn't need fixing.!!!! worry about things when they don't work. I think geberit stuff is over engineered and the washer ( bottom of the flush valve ) is problematic. they seem to develop strange blisters ,like small bubbles and then don't seal.

if its working it doesn't need fixing.!!!! worry about things when they don't work. I think geberit stuff is over engineered and the washer ( bottom of the flush valve ) is problematic. they seem to develop strange blisters ,like small bubbles and then don't seal.

Cool, thanks. Not surprising what the fix was then?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back