Toilet not flushing well

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, We have fitted 2 wall-hung wcs in different bathrooms. Neither of them flush well. Other toilets in the house work well.

In both cases when you flush, the water level in the bowl rises before the water drains slowly. Both feed into the same drain (one is upstairs) but we are sure the drain and pipework is fine and not blocked.

I suspect that it may be the actual wcs, they are Chinese imports.

Has anyone experienced this or can anyone offer advice?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I am sure there is no blockage but interested in your venting query. The downstairs run to the drain is very short and I wouldn't expect the venting to be a problem - maybe I've got this wrong! The upstairs drops verticall and passes the downstairs...I haven't checked if there is a vent (I expect there is but this part of the pipework is old) or if the vent is blocked!

Will have a look....any other ideas welcome!

Sponsored Links
Sounds like venting problem

My Ideal Standard one does this a little ,but thats coz i had to put the vent in a less than ideal position :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back