Toilet not flushing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just moved into a new build house (it's 3 years old but we've just moved in).

We've been in for a few weeks and we've had no problems, now the en-suite flush isnt working. The bowl looks to have less water than before; so maybe i just need to add more water!?
See photo attached of the inside mechanism.

Advice appreciated.

Many thanks

Attachments

• flush.jpg
    flush.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 66
Sponsored Links
You can adjust the height of the water level in the cistern. Assuming that there isn't a bloackage elsewhere.

Blup

You can adjust the height of the water level in the cistern. Assuming that there isn't a bloackage elsewhere.

Blup
Thanks - so does that sound like it could be the issue?
and when you say the water level can be adjusted do you mean by adding more water to the cistern (or is there another way to do this)?

There should be a fill valve which can be adjusted so that the water fills to about an inch below the overflow

blup

Sponsored Links
Photo shows no water in the cistern? If you haven't just flushed it, (and I can see any sign of water entering to refill), then there is an issue with either fill valve or the supply.

This cistern fills.
It now seems to be working...
Last night it DID work again after a while... so it appeared that you needed to wait a bit if time before you could flush it again,,
but this morning you can flush it straight after.

Sounds as though the fill valve might be sticking closed occasionally. Is there lime scale on its float, or the plastic part the float slides on?

This cistern fills.
It now seems to be working...
Last night it DID work again after a while... so it appeared that you needed to wait a bit if time before you could flush it again,,
but this morning you can flush it straight after.

That is normally how they work - you cannot flush them, until the cistern has a quantity of water to be able to carry out a flush.

OK - maybe i just leave it a bit then til the water has refilled to flush again :)
thanks all

Replacing the fill valve isn't expensive, there are plenty of videos on youtube.

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back