TOILET NOT FLUSHING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Although my toilet cistern fills up OK.....you have to pump at the flush handle to get it to flush (it has never had the strongest flush since installation which was only about a year ago - new bathroom install.

what's my next move please

Sponsored Links
Please help - have been to local shop who say that I have to find out the manufacturer of the toilet then source the correct diaphragm as they are all different.
Bought toilet from B & Q just over a year ago as part of a bathroom suite - have looked underneath toilet cister cover for clue as to manufacturer with no luck.

any ideas please ?

Thanks
Dave L

Options:

1.make your own diaphragm from some suitable sheet material or buy an oval one sold universally that will probably fit anyway (might have to trim it)

2.Buy whole new siphon as advised previously.

Then go back to shop and shower cretin with insults for giving bad advice.[/quote]

Sponsored Links
The effort of changing the diaphagm is not worthwhile. Just lob a new syphon in. Measure the height og the old one (they vary).

Or instead of a new syphon, fit a flapper valve, which has almost no moving parts to wear out, is quieter, and gives a good strong flush.

If the flushing handle is on the front of your cistern, this ordinary one will fit. If it is on the side, get a push-button one.

p2938193_l.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back