toilet overflow leak - wet chipboard flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have discovered a small leak from the toilet cistern overflow which has dripped behind the loo for some time and so has wet the chipboard flooring around it.

any tips on how to dry out the chipboard and to identify whether i need to replace the chipboard?

if i have to replace it, it means the toilet coming out etc so i would rather not if its not necessary.

Sponsored Links
A fan heater will dry the chipboard. The only way of testing whether it is sound or not is to poke it firmly in several areas with a screwdriver.

You may be lucky, but I suspect not :cry: :cry:

right, i have lifted the lino from the floor , the wet area is about 2m square, but it is soaking wet just around the toilet itself. i have jabbed it with a screwdriver very hard and it does not give way at all, even in the really wet parts. i have put blocks of wood to keep the lino spaced from the boards to allow it to dry out.

i may have been lucky this time!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back