Toilet pan connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to install a new toilet (not done one before) and have got a McAlpine (MAC-1) 110mm straight pan connector. When I push this on to the back of the toilet should it just stay in place? Looks like the outlet on the pan is tapered slightly and the connector just pops off no matter how far I push it on. Once installed and the pan is bolted to the floor the waste pipe will probably keep it in place but I have no idea if this is normal and if it's going to leak. Would really appreciate any advice on this.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Not really, the pan spigot wouldn't normally be tapered, it would normally be straight sided.

That being said if you can get it to stay in place and watertight with the pan in situ then that may be all you can achieve.

Last edited:
Hey tireetim.

I'd suggest you first measure the maximum depth the pan connector has available, then mark using a chalk/watermarker on the toilet outlet.

That way you'll know how much of the connector has actually been pushed on.

It should have a snug fit feel to it as you completely push it on.

Good luck. :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks Madrab and Crystalclear. I've just taken everything apart and had a closer look. It seems that a drip of the ceramic coating stuff on the bottom of the spigot was catching the inner seal on the connector and stopping it going on properly. Pushed it over and now it fit's fine and looks like a good seal. Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back