Toilet Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have recently moved into a house and have just ripped out the bathroom but have come a bit unstuck.

The Toilet waste is in the floor as opposed to through the wall like most modern toilets. I know that I could fit a p trap converter or get an s trap toilet... but, the room is only 1780mm wide and the centre of the trap is 260mm from the wall... The front of the toilet is looking like it is going to be around 800mm from the wall and as such the toilet right in the middle of the room (also the knees would be quite hard up to the 'p' of the p shape bath).... having the waste pipe moved so that it comes out of the wall is also not an option due to budget constraints.

I have heard that there are some older style toilets (not s traps) that do have the waste straight out the bottom, does anyone know what they are called? I'v heard they are more common on the continent.

Many thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
childish but couldnt resist
screwfix catalogue page 496 bottom left a swan neck pan connector, looks like a question mark, will this bring the pan a bit further back.
if you dont have a catalogue google swan neck pan connector

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replies.... those American style toilets look like they would be ideal if I can find one over here. I'll ask my plumber about the swan neck converter.

Many thanks again

What is the floor construction, and what material is the existing soil pipe?

Depending on the construction and materials used, shifting the soil pipe may be a viable option.

Not sure about the pipe itself (will look later) but the floor is solid concrete - its a ground floor extension that houses the bathroom.

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back